The Problems by Category
This section presents the 99 problems as they were first presented in 99 Problems in Prolog, arranged in topical groups. Each group will have links to the full problem pages.
Each problem page has:
- Problem statement: Describes problem, and ask you to implement a solution.
- Example: Presents a example of the function with input and the correct result.
- Unit Test: A complete program that executes multiple tests of problem solution. You can use this program on the Elm online editor, http://elm-lang.org/try. The stubbed-out function you need to implement will be at the top, just below the imports.
- Hints: Suggests one or more ways to implement a solution.
- Solutions: Links to a page with one or more solutions.
How to get the most from this book
Copy the unit test into the Elm online editor, http://elm-lang.org/try. Before checking the hints or the solutions page, attempt to solve the problem by yourself. Apply what you learned from the previous problems to solve the later problems. Then check the hints and see if that doesn't inspire other solutions or improvements to your own. Finally, check the solutions page to learn from those examples.